Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: JRCivic: ???'s4U

  1. #1
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Do you sell the Cartech FMU? Check out my signature to see what I've got. I'm getting ready to install a J&S and want to get my fuel under control before installing a 3.4" pully on my JRSC. Any recommendations? Do you sell the FMU? Will my stock inj's be ok for now until Zdyne's ECU is released? (I'll buy new inj's then.) Thanks. Tom

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) with JRSC tryin' to get rid of knock, I/H/E...

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tom...
    Yes, the Cartech can work for you. With the OE injectors, it will only help you reduce the tip-in and part-throttle detonation... and since your signature notes "detonation" as a problem, this alone warrants the purchase of one. If you were to go ahead and buy larger injectors at the same time, you will be able to lower the max. fuel pressures in your system and minimize all ill effects within the fuel system... the fuel pump won't have to work as hard, most negative flow characteristics of the rail/injector combination will be cured (as long as the max. fuel pressures are kept below 90 psi) and "O-ring" life is increased. Incidentally, I have a sale purchase that is good until August 1,2000 for the Cartech 20005i regulators... you must have prepaid for your order (with a money order) by this date.

    Price is $159.00 plus $12.00 shipping for the natural finish and $10.00 more for the black finish... total price of $171.00 or $181.00

    If you would like to take part in this sale, E-mail me directly for final instructions.

    As for the 3.4" pulley: I think that you are about to add ALOT of boost to a stock motor... tuning is going to be critical. I also suggest some bottom-end fortification to safely run this level of boost... and water injection is a GREAT idea as well.



    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Kat... you didn't hurt my toes a bit !!!


    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jim excuse me if I'm stepping on your toes.

    TOM - I bought my Cartech 20005 from Jim a few weeks back(quick special buy deal). Great price....... and quick delivery biggrin

    You will definetly need larger injectors with the 3.4 pulley. I wouldn't run the 3.4 until Zdyne ecu comes available. Remember the Zdyne recommends 440cc injectors with there ecu. If you can't wait for the upgrade, then buy the following parts:
    - Cartech 20005
    - B&M Fuel Pressure Riser
    - RC 310cc injectors
    - Race Engineering Cylinder Brace
    - Aquamist water injection
    - Aftermarket fuel pump
    *High-Pressure 255 ltr/hr pump kit
    http://members.home.com/syclone/APE/fuelpump.html
    *Endyn Fuel Pump(personal choice)
    http://www.theoldone.com/components
    NOTE: I run a H22 pump with braket and lid from a '93 Lude Vtec.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks JRCivic and Bigkat! One thing though:

    I would hate to purchase RC310 inj's and then have to buy 410cc inj from Zdyne a few months later($$$). I hope everything works out ok with my stock inj's (which are brand new out of a '00 Civic) and a cartech FMU until Zdyne comes out. I'm emailin' JRCivic for the cartech...Tom

    Could I buy 410cc inj's and use the cartech for now? Are they too big?

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) with JRSC tryin' to get rid of knock, I/H/E...

    [This message has been edited by blowncivic (edited July 26, 2000).]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tom..........simply NO The Cartech really needs to be used with the larger injectors(270-310cc). Your '00 injectors flow rate should be 240cc @100% duty cycle. The RC's are measured at 80% duty cycle.......basicly where most injectors will max out any way.

    You can buy an Apexi SAFC and dial the fuel at idle. I have known of a few turbo set-ups that have used it with the 440cc injectors. Note: they still were running on the rich side. Idle wasn't stock but it was doable. Better safe than sorry.

    Either way you are going end up spending extra money on your set-up if you don't wait for the zdyne. You are going to need the Apexi SAFC(or any fuel controller) to dial down the fuel for both 310 or 440's.


  7. #7
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Running rich due to not being able to get the fuel pressure low enough or inadequate controlling ability of the Apexi SAFC? To control the air/fuel ratios, I assume the Apexi SAFC adjusts the duty cycle of the injectors instead of controlling the fuel pressure, right?



    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) with JRSC tryin' to get rid of knock, I/H/E...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tom,
    What I meant to say was the MAP signal. The SAFC allows you to intercept the signal from the MAP(reads manifold press and supplies a voltage signal to the ECU). Which intern you adjust, tricking the ecu into seeing different(modified) volumetric efficiency values(maps). Thus effecting the pulse of the injectors. Finally, it makes sense biggrin

  9. #9
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ahhhhh....all the madness makes some sense. Thanks again. Tom

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) with JRSC tryin' to get rid of knock, I/H/E...

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blowncivic:
    Running rich due to not being able to get the fuel pressure low enough or inadequate controlling ability of the Apexi SAFC? To control the air/fuel ratios, I assume the Apexi SAFC adjusts the duty cycle of the injectors instead of controlling the fuel pressure, right?

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Yeah, they weren't able to get the fuel pressure signal dial all the way down. Not sure what % fuel pressure was off at idle(probably just 5-7%). The SAFC intercepts the fuel pressure signal and allows you to adjust it +/- 50%.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •